Each one of us knows, that breathing is integral to life on earth. Moreover, it is an important and irreplaceable part of all yogic forms and styles. However, it still remains one of the most neglected aspects of practice in the general yoga class. That is why, it becomes important for a student to enrol for a 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India. It sounds like something very heavy weight. However, Pranayama or breathing is the one of the foundational aspects of yoga. In fact, yoga cannot exist without proper breathing.
In the best yoga schools in India, the experts stress the practice of breathing manipulation at every point. But, other local schools in nooks and corners of the globe do not pay much attention. A teacher, who may have completed the above course can only guide you on the right track. There are a few important Pranayama practices, which can be practiced regularly. Moreover, you do not even need any accessories or props to do them. They include a few rounds of Kapalbhati, Ujjayi Pranayama, Bhastrika, Bhramari, and so on. In certain forms of yoga, Pranayama comes after the asanas, and in a few they are taught almost simultaneously.
Before we explain a few features of Pranayama types, you should know more in detail, why it has to be incorporated into your daily practice.
Reasons To Incorporate Pranayama – 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India
In Living Yoga School, the teachers lay great importance to the practice of Pranayama with asanas. Even if you do not reach a certain stage of perfection in your asanas, you are supposed to work on your breath. In reality, you can work on your physical alignments slowly, as each person has a separate and different comfort zone. However, you cannot compromise on the breathing patterns. Proper breathing patterns can only facilitate the movement of ‘Prana’ through the body.
- Pranayama is an important part of the curriculum of the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India. You will gain proper insight into these breathing exercises at the best yoga schools, only. So, it is highly important, that you choose wisely. Pranayama remains one of the unutilized tools for yoga practice. However, it holds a lot of importance in the textual representations like Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. Always find out before you join a yoga course, if the syllabus has ample Pranayama practices thrown in.
- Another reason, why Pranayama is essential for your regular practice, is because it stabilizes your moods. It has the power to balance your psyche. If you need a few immediate results, you might as well practice Pranayama. If you have less time in hand, you should practice Pranayama. You can actually practice Pranayama anywhere. While travelling, you can also do it. This will help you to get ready for something big. Awareness of your breath is most important, when you are practicing this. The more aware you are, of your inner happenings, the better it is for you.
- If you are unable to find a secluded and distraction-free spot for yourself, and meditate, look for other options. One such option is Pranayama. You can use Pranayama as a replacement for meditation. It is another option that you have in the yogic sphere. You will be able to achieve focus and concentration. While concentrating on your breath, you will be able to concentrate on what is there inside. In this task, you will forget all about your sorrows and rely more on the present. That is what meditation results in. If you practice long exhalations, the body is set right on track for a round of meditation.
- If you have suffered any injury while practicing a pose, do not worry. There is ample time for rest. In the meanwhile, you can practice Pranayama. It is considered more important than asanas. Then there are days, when you feel lethargic due to any reason, whatsoever. During such times, you can rely on Pranayama. Join the best yoga school to understand, how breathing manipulation can help you.
- You can experience mindfulness, if you practice Pranayama. You can concentrate on your inner development, through the practice of Pranayama. So, make it a habit.
Now that you look convinced, about the regular practice of Pranayama, move on to better things.
Types Of Pranayama
The 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India has the right mix of breathing exercises for all levels of yoga practitioners. You should know about a few of them here.
- Bhramari Pranayama is one of the most important breathing exercises, which you can practice today. If your mind is overloaded, and you want it to rest, do Pranayama. If you suffer from hypertension, this will help you. This is one of the basic and foundational breathing exercises to silence the turmoil.
- Bhastrika Pranayama is another type of breathing exercise, which you can do. Also called Bellows Breath, it will help you to fill the lungs with fresh air. This breathing exercise stimulates the inner fire. Thus, you will be able to digest all your food properly.
- Kapalbhati is another Pranayama, which also doubles up as a Satkarma Kriya. You can practice this breathing exercise, to detoxify your internal channels. If you have already learnt some of the basic breathing techniques, then you can do this Pranayama without any hindrance. Exhalation assumes a lot of importance in this exercise.
So, these are a few of the pranayama exercises included in the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in India. You can join the best yoga school teaching such techniques. They are extraordinarily designed and will give you complete exposure into the realm. The practice has been designed in accordance with holistic principles. You should always lay equal stress on Pranayama practices, as it can do more good than asanas alone. They can even replace your asanas in course of the day. Pranayama helps generate that life force, which can yield several positive benefits in course of time. These are often more long-lasting than the effects of asanas in Yoga.