Are you looking for a Yoga School in Rishikesh?
There are so many like you, who want to pursue yoga today. But do not know the right places. People have different reasons to learn yoga. Some may be looking for self-development, and a few may want to become yoga experts. Thirdly, you may want to become a yoga teacher.
But, there is another question for sure, in your mind. It is about where you should go for it. There are so many yoga schools in India, and for that matter in Rishikesh. You can select one school which is registered and certified.
In India, these are important factors or points that you need to consider. Among all the places, Rishikesh seems to be of utmost importance.
So, why is there so much craze to head to Rishikesh for the yoga course? Find out here.
Why Is Rishikesh The Best Place For Yoga?
Rishikesh without any further explanation is one of the holiest cities in India, and that too, in the Himalayan region. It is where yoga was born. It has been the abode of yogis and sages from all walks of life. Therefore, it is quite apt that you choose Rishikesh, to start your yogic journey.
We have bundled up a few more reasons for you here.
- You can learn about authentic yoga, right from the source. The religious scriptures say that Lord Shiva who was the first person to practice yoga, transferred his knowledge to the seven sages in the Himalayan region. The spiritual texts such as the Upanishads and Bhagwad Gita also trace their origin to the Himalayas. You will get a vast amount of knowledge from various sources in this region.
- It is in Rishikesh, that you can leave the attractions of modern life behind. The ashrams have been built in the best possible manner, to protect you from natural forces. However, the lifestyle is very basic. Some ashrams will not even have a bed. You are expected to leave all luxuries behind, and adopt the life of a yogi while staying in the ashram. Moreover, you will get your nutrition from natural sources. Sattvic food is easily available. The Yoga School in Rishikesh will have the best hospitality in most cases. You will get timely meals, in the form of fruits, vegetables, lightly cooked meals, and more. Slowly, you will start understanding, how small things can make you happy. This is an experiential form of learning.
- You will be meeting several individuals from across the world. Rishikesh is a conglomeration zone for different nationalities, from different walks of life. There is something to learn from each one of them. You will get this opportunity of a lifetime to understand other cultures. This opens up your mind and heart. You can also foster new relations. These networks will often come in handy when you are looking for jobs elsewhere after completing your yoga course.
- The location is another reason, why you should be there. You will be able to discover the real side of nature. The holy river Ganga flows through the region, so you can feel the vibrations. There are natural caves and rock formations in and around the place as well. You will come across waterfalls and hillocks at every turn. These are ideal places for your yoga practice. The Yoga School in Rishikesh will help you to adopt the nature around you, as your own. You can practice yoga on the beach of the Ganga as well. It will elevate your practice.
These are a few of the reasons why, you should be in Rishikesh for Yoga teacher training. If you have a religious bent of mind, then it is just ideal for you. When you get some time off from your class schedule, you can go for a tour of the region.
Popular Pilgrimage Sites – Exploration From The Yoga School in Rishikesh
Schools like Living Yoga School also take their students for local excursions. If you want to combine your love for yoga and pilgrimage, it is possible at Rishikesh.
We have compiled a few locations that you will get a chance to visit.
- Neelkantha Mahadev Temple – It is one of the famous religious sites in the region. Located some 7 km from Swarga Ashram, it is the ideal place to visit on a day excursion. You have to walk through a pine forest to reach this temple. So, you will be getting a warmup. Once you reach there, you can practice yoga in the conducive surroundings. You can also visit the temple via Laxman Jhula.
- Kunjapuri Devi Temple – This is another holy site that you need to visit in this region. It is also a part of the excursion itinerary that your school offers. It is a temple dedicated to Goddess Parvati. You can enjoy beautiful views of Shiwalik range from the temple area. You will also get to learn a lot about Hinduism. The temple is at its best during Navratri and Dussehra. The distance is almost 11 kms from the centre of the city.
- Bhootnath Temple – It is another revered temple, which is dedicated to Lord Shiva. You can explore the temple, while you are in Rishikesh. It is the place, where Lord Shiva probably took rest, while on his way to marry Devi Sati. The temple is surrounded by verdant green forests. It offers a respite from city life. It is also one of the less crowded places in the region.
You can choose a Yoga School in Rishikesh, if you want to get all the advantages as mentioned above. It supplements your yoga training. You will also be able to get a RYT 200 certification from Yoga Alliance. It is a standard qualification of sorts in the sphere. The best schools will offer you the best learning in all spheres. Enjoy the beauty of the region, and also get the best guidance from knowledgeable sages. Most of the teachers who teach yoga at the schools have been practicing it since ages. Join the course now and learn from all quarters of life.